Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 11-19-14
- Habitat for Humanity is currently looking for someone to write grants for them. They are also looking for anyone who would like to donate furniture, household items, building supplies, etc. They have moved to the building 2 blocks west of W&W Lumber. For more information, stop by or call 863-634-1686.
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- A meeting of the “Stroke Support Group” will be held at the Heritage Assisted Living Facility on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm. This is a good chance to talk to others about their experience. Light refreshments will be available, for more information phone the Heritage at 863-763-1700 or 863-634-8412.
- Bits and Spurs 4-H is looking for young riders ages 8 – 18 to join the Bits and Spurs Drill Team. We already have 3 shows to perform in beginning in January. Our group rides every Tuesday and Thursday night at My Sin Ranch from 6 – 8 pm, weather permitting. All levels of riders are welcome to come join our 4-H Club. This is a fun way to get some ride time on your horse and form great friendships with people who LOVE horses. Please call Laura for more information, 863-801-3599.
- The U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots began accepting toy request applications for families in need on Nov. 1. Applications will close at midnight on Nov. 30. No applications will be accepted after Nov. 30. All applications must be submitted online at the following address: http://okeechobee-fl.toysfortots.org. For more information on how to become a sponsor or drop off site for 2014 please contact Malissa Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-634-5852.
- The Gathering hosts “Joy in the Mourning” a grief support group and bible study for anyone who has lost a loved one. The event is every Tuesday at 2pm at the Gathering located at 1735 SW 24th Ave. For more info call Gale @ 863-623-8504.
- The Heartland Volkswagen Club will sponsor a Meet and Greet at Lake Placid American Legion Post #25, 1490 U.S. 27, Lake Placid, FL 33852, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The public is cordially invited to attend and bring your Volkswagen if you have one. Vintage Volkswagens will be on display, club members will be present to answer questions about the club and Volkswagens, and complimentary finger foods will be served. Drinks will be available at the Legion bar. The purpose of the Meet and Greet is to bring together Volkswagen owners, wannabe owners, and lovers of Volkswagens. Membership applications and a split the pot drawing will also be available. For additional information, contact Dennis Anderson, (863) 763-6069, or Jim Dalke (863) 381-1799.
Sport Related Events
- Papa Johns is presenting their weekly fundraiser every Thursday when you order from Papa John’s they’ll donate 10% of your total order to the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band. Valid for carry out or delivery, you can also order online by using the PROMO CODE OCSD2014. Be sure to mention that you are a supporter of the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band when you are placing an order.
- Paddock Farms is “driving on” ! Learn how to drive your horse, racing, obstacles and more! Paddock Farms will be available every weekend after to teach you about how to drive your horse. Must be 18 years of age or older, all horses brought to the Paddock Farms must have a negative coggins test and you will be asked to sign a waiver. Not sure if your horse could race? You will have the option to have your horse evaluated. Don’t have a horse? No problem, they’ll provide them for you. No experience is necessary. No horse? No harness? No problem! Call Nancy at 863-634-1440 or 863-634-1438 for more information.
- The Lake Okeechobee Elks Lodge #2871 2631 SE 33rd St will be sponsoring a non profit Hoop shoot for all children between the ages of 8 & 13. No cost to the participants. The event will be held at Osceola Middle School. For more information contact James DuPre 863-623-5161 or 315-778-7407 or email@example.com.
Agri-Civic Center Events
Thursday 11/20/14 Recreational riding for local residents 6:30 – 9:30 PM $10.00 per rider, and you MUST have a current coggins certificate
Friday 11/21/14 Turnin’ N Burnin’ Fall Buckle Series Jackpot Barrel Race. Exhibition runs start at 5:00 PM. Barrel Race starts at 7:30 PM. A concession stand will be open. There is no charge for the public to attend
Saturday 11/22/14 Turnin’ N Burnin’ Jackpot Barrel Race & Speed Show. Exhibition runs start at 3:00 PM. Barrel Race starts at 5:00 PM, Speed Show follows the barrel race. A concession stand will be open. There is no charge for the public to attend
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!