Children’s Services Council of Okeechobee County
Request for Proposal
The Children’s Services Council announces they are seeking proposals from public agencies and legally incorporated not-for-profit and for profit agencies. Any agency that receives funding for KCSpecial Projects and Summer Programs are also required to attend the meeting on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 The purpose of these proposals is to improve and expand services to the children of Okeechobee County by providing new, expanded or continued services for priority need areas. This year there will be approximately $350,000.00 available to fund these proposals.
The schedule for the proposals is as follows:
- March 14, 2017 4:00 p.m. Request for Proposal Meeting
Okeechobee County School Board, Room 303
Application forms available to be picked up at this meeting. There may be more than two Children’s Services Council members attending this meeting.
Any questions should be directed to Cheryl Sutton, Secretary to the Executive Director of Children’s Services Council at 863-462-5000, extension 239 or Cathleen Blair, Executive Director, at 863-610-0176.
Gilbert Chevrolet Teaming Up with Ripken Baseball Clinics
Gilbert Chevrolet to provide Okeechobee’s youth with a Free Baseball Clinic and financial assistance to OHS Softball Program
Okeechobee, February 14, 2017 – Gilbert Chevrolet is partnering with Cal Ripken Baseball to provide a free baseball clinic for Okeechobee’s youth as part of the national Chevy Youth Baseball program. In addition, Gilbert Chevrolet is teaming with the OHS Softball Program to provide new equipment, a monetary contribution, and an opportunity for community members to earn additional funds for the softball program via a Test Drive fundraiser.
The FREE instructional baseball clinic will be held Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 from 6 PM to 9 PM at the Okeechobee County Sports Complex. This clinic is op to all boys and girls ages 6-14. Participants should wear athletic apparel and tennis shoes and bring their own glove. Early registration is required and the clinic is limited to the first 200 children.
Family members are strongly encouraged to attend the entire clinic and support their child. To register, visit baseball.youthsportsclinics.com, select market “West Palm Beach, and enter password “playball”. Additional information, including detailed location information and itineraries, are also available at that website.
“We are proud to be able to bring our community closer to the game and support the development of the kids in our community through the joy of play,” said Christa Luna, owner of Gilbert Chevrolet.
For more information, please contact J.D. Mixon at 863-824-3612.
Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 2-6-17
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club invites your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Okeechobee Discount Drugs in partnership with Project Response offers free HIV testing every Monday from 11am-3pm. All tests are confidential and the results take 15mins. Know your status and stop by Okeechobee Discount Drugs located at 203 S.W. Park Street for your free test!
- Indian River State College is offering Applied Welding Technology (entire program) beginning in February; their nursing program will begin accepting applications on January 4th, classes begin in late June, register now online at irsc.edu or call 863-824-6000 for more info!
- Okeechobee Medical Reserve Corp. (MRC) is a community-based group of medical and non-medical volunteers. They are pre-trained, prepared and ready to respond to emergencies and supplement existing local emergency and public health resources during times of community need. Meeting is open to new volunteers. Meeting will be at the Department of Health Building, 1728 NW 9th Ave. Okeechobee, park in the rear of the building. Starts at 6pm and ends at 7:30 pm. For more information please call Brian Sell at 863-462-5865