Okeechobee Centennial Interviews
Interviews with Mr. Larson and Mr. Burdeshaw will be posted shortly!
Thanks for listening and thank you to all our interviewers!
Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 7-27-15
- Habitat for Humanity is now open here in Okeechobee! They’re located at 1321 HWY 70E in the Old Apple Crate building. Open Monday through Friday 9-5. Accepting donations of any kind except clothes! Call for more information at 863-763-1371, volunteers are always needed!
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Brahma Bull Restaurant & Lounge (2405 Hwy. 441 S.E.) will be hosting Texas Hold-em Tournaments beginning on each Tuesday. The games help to support the “Dogs and Cats Forever” no kill animal shelter in Pt. St. Lucie. Signin is at 7:00P.M. and games start promptly at 7:30P.M. Buy-in is $20.00. Bar Service and food is available for purchase. For more information, call Patty at 772-519-2263. Look forward to seeing you.
- Okeechobee County Library invites you to join their all ages summer reading program “Be a Hero – Read”. The program runs Wednesday, July 1st through Wednesday, July 29th at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. The adult and teen program is open at any time! Come by and read at the Okeechobee County Library! On August 1st, see if you won the tablet! Call or stop by for details. 863-763-3536 and ask to speak to Kellie!
- Firefighters will be holding their annual back to school supply drive to benefit My Aunt’s House (501c3) at the Okeechobee Wal-Mart. Please support the firefighters with your donations on Friday, July 31 – 4:00-7:00; Saturday and Sunday, August 1 and 2 – 9:30-3:00. For more information call Matt Vinson (863) 697-0298.
- Applications are now being accepted for the Labor Day Celebration being held on September 6 – September 7 from 10 – 3. Applications are available at the Main Street office or online at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org. If you are interested in participating in the parade Monday morning please contact Teresa Chandler Bishop at E: email@example.com
- Leadership Okeechobee is now accepting applications! The purpose of the Leadership Okeechobee Program is to cultivate leadership through education, exposure to the community, and interaction between class members. Our ultimate goal is to prepare students for a personal journey along the wonderful and rewarding path to community service. The following are our program objectives: To prepare future/potential leaders to meet the challenges ahead for Okeechobee. You will explore critical issues via a series of seminars and related activities. You will interact with key decision-makers, local leaders and representatives of local government to gain a better understanding of the forces which impact your community as a whole. The key to preserving and enhancing the quality of life is a well-informed citizen. The program begins in September and continues each month until graduation in May. Once accepted, a fee of $425 is required to cover meals, transportation and other program expenses. If you have any questions, please call the Chamber at (863) 467-6246
Sport Related Events
Football sign ups for the OCRA 2015 season will begin on Saturday August 8th from 9am to 3pm until the end of August. Flag for 6 years of age and under are $65, tackle 15 and under is $90. Chearleading is $90, flag football for girls ages 7 to 18 is $70. Each division is drafted and will not sign any more players up. For more info call 863-801-0901.
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!