Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 10-5-15
Okeechobee Medical Reserve Corp. October Training Plan
The Okeechobee Medical Reserve Corp will be holding training events in the month October:
- Thursday 10/22/2015 – Regular MRC meeting and CERT (Community Emergency Response Training, Chapter 1, at the Florida Department of Health building, 1728 NW 9th Ave, Okeechobee, Fla. 6pm-7pm. Park in rear of building.
Training events are at no cost to Okeechobee Medical Reserve Corp members. To sign up to become a member please call Brian Sell 863-462-5865. Membership is not mandatory to attend this training if you wish to attend call Keith Stripling to RSVP 863-634-8261.
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Brahma Bull Restaurant & Lounge (2405 Hwy. 441 S.E.) will be hosting Texas Hold-em Tournaments beginning on each Tuesday. The games help to support the “Dogs and Cats Forever” no kill animal shelter in Pt. St. Lucie. Signin is at 7:00P.M. and games start promptly at 7:30P.M. Buy-in is $20.00. Bar Service and food is available for purchase. For more information, call Patty at 772-519-2263. Look forward to seeing you.
- The new art exhibit will be on display through October 30 at the Historic County Courthouse at 304 NW 2nd St. David Joyner is a local artist and veteran. A special thanks to the Lounge at Sacred Sanctuary for sponsoring the Artist Reception that was held last week
- Teen Driver Challenge will have training days on October9th-10th, first day is a four hour block and the second day is an eight hour block. The training will be at the Okeechobee Driver’s Ed Pad at the High School. They’ll learn service and maintenance, techniques on vehicle control, crash avoidance, and lots more. Students must have either a permit or driver’s license. Certificate of completion can be given to your insurance company for a possible reduction in cost. All instructors are OCSO deputies. They’ll more training sessions on November 13th-14th, December 11th-12th, January 8th-9th, February 12th-13th, March 11th-12th and April 8th-9th. for details on how to register, call 863-763-2131 ext 1204.
- THE OKEECHOBEE COMMUNITY THEATRE PRESENTS “SPIRITS OF OKEECHOBEE,” A LIVE STAGE PRODUCTION HIGHLIGHTING SOME OF THE COLORFUL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS FROM THE CITY’S FIRST 100 YEARS. ADMISSION IS FREE. IT WILL BE ONE OF THE MANY ATTRACTIONS AT THE OKEECHOBEE CENTENNIAL HERITAGE FESTIVAL ON THE FRESHMAN CAMPUS ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10TH. CURTAIN TIMES FOR THE SHOW WILL BE 10:15 AND 11:15 AM, AND 12:45 AND 1:45 PM.
- The Chamber will host two Grand Openings in October! O’Reilly Auto Parts Grand Opening scheduled for October 15th at 9:00 AM. Surgery Center of Okeechobee will have their Grand Opening/Open House event on October 24th at 10:00 AM.
- The Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County will hold their 2nd Annual Business of the Year Awards Luncheon on October 21, 2015 at Indian River State College Dixon Hendry Campus in the Williamson Center. The doors open at 11:30 AM and food served at 11:45 AM. Presentations will begin at 12:00 PM and conclude 1:00 PM. Public registration will begin on September 8th, please make sure you RSVP as seating will be limited.
- Top of the Lake Christmas Festival and parade applications are now available at the Main Street office 55 S. Parrott Ave. M-F 9-4 and online at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org
Sport Related Events
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at email@example.com or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!