Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 11-27-15
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Brahma Bull Restaurant & Lounge (2405 Hwy. 441 S.E.) will be hosting Texas Hold-em Tournaments beginning on each Tuesday. The games help to support the “Dogs and Cats Forever” no kill animal shelter in Pt. St. Lucie. Signin is at 7:00P.M. and games start promptly at 7:30P.M. Buy-in is $20.00. Bar Service and food is available for purchase. For more information, call Patty at 772-519-2263. Look forward to seeing you.
- On Tuesday December 8th the Osceola Middle School band will be having a gift wrap fundraiser at Walmart from 6-8pm. Gifts can be purchased that night from Walmart or can be ones previously purchased. Fees for wrapping are on a donation basis.
- Small Business Saturday is November 28th, 2015 a day for our community to come together and support our local businesses. By supporting our local businesses we keep our citizens employed and the local economy flourishing. There will be a FREE kick-off breakfast at the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County starting at 8:30. The chamber will be the hub of information for our local shoppers as the Chamber will be handing out information on all the businesses participating. Every business participating will have some sort of value offer!, Okeechobee’s small businesses are asking that instead of leaving town to shop ‘Black Friday’ that you stay in town and ‘Shop Small Saturday’.
- The 32nd annual Christmas Boat Parade is Saturday night December 19, 2015. All are welcome to participate. Decorate your boat including lights and meet on Taylor Creek by Burger King and Hwy 70 by 5:30. Parade starts at 6 pm. The parade goes south on Taylor Creek to the locks and turns left ending at the VFW. For more info call Arnie: 863-824-0681.
- This is a call to writers for a short story contest. This contest is open to all ages and is being held in conjunction with Okeechobee Main Street 2016 Top of the Lake Art Fest. Prize for first place and winner will be announced at the Top of the Lake Art Fest. Deadline for submission: Dec. 28, 2015. Entry form and guidelines available at OKMS office or online at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org
Sport Related Events
- Teen Driver Challenge will have training days on December 11th-12th, first day is a four hour block and the second day is an eight hour block. The training will be at the Okeechobee Driver’s Ed Pad at the High School. They’ll learn service and maintenance, techniques on vehicle control, crash avoidance, and lots more. Students must have either a permit or driver’s license. Certificate of completion can be given to your insurance company for a possible reduction in cost. All instructors are OCSO deputies. They’ll more training sessions on January 8th-9th, February 12th-13th, March 11th-12th and April 8th-9th. for details on how to register, call 863-763-2131 ext 1204.
- The Chobee Wildcats will roar again in 2016. The team will join an 8 on 8 youth tackle program this winter to try and keep the skills of our young football players sharp. Signups for the league will be held on December 12th from 9 am until 1 pm at the skate board park in Okeechobee. The league will be open to boys and girls ages 6-14. The local league will have four teams, one for ages 6-7, another for ages 7-9, a third for 10-12, and the final for boys and girls ages 13 and 14. The Okeechobee league will also host a large jamboree on January 23, 2016 at the youth soccer complex across from North Elementary School. Last year 10 different leagues attended the jamboree in Okeechobee. For more information call 863-801-6014.
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!