Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 12-15-14
The holiday season is a ‘lean’ time for blood donations. We ask you to please remember those who need your life-saving contribution of blood by taking part in one of these drives:
Mon., Dec. 15 – Beall’s with VNA, 10 – 2
Tues., Dec. 23 – Okeechobee Correctional, 12 – 5
Tues., Dec. 23 – Raulerson Hospital, 1 – 6
Wed., Dec. 24 – Wal Mart, 10 – 2
Fri., Dec. 26 – Wal Mart, 11 – 4
Sat., Dec. 27 – Wal Mart, 11 – 4
Sun., Dec. 28 – Golden Corral, 11- 4
Mon., Dec. 29 – Publix, 12 – 6
Tues., Dec. 30 – Publix, 1 – 6
Tues., Dec. 30 – Wal Mart, 11 – 5
- Habitat for Humanity is now open here in Okeechobee! They’re located at 1321 HWY 70E in the Old Apple Crate building. Open Monday through Friday 9-5. Accepting donations of any kind except clothes! Call for more information at 863-763-1371, volunteers are always needed!
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- A meeting of the “Stroke Support Group” will be held at the Heritage Assisted Living Facility on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm. This is a good chance to talk to others about their experience. Light refreshments will be available, for more information phone the Heritage at 863-763-1700 or 863-634-8412.
- Bits and Spurs 4-H is looking for young riders ages 8 – 18 to join the Bits and Spurs Drill Team. We already have 3 shows to perform in beginning in January. Our group rides every Tuesday and Thursday night at My Sin Ranch from 6 – 8 pm, weather permitting. All levels of riders are welcome to come join our 4-H Club. This is a fun way to get some ride time on your horse and form great friendships with people who LOVE horses. Please call Laura for more information, 863-801-3599.
- The Humane Society and Pet Rescue of Okeechobee shelter will be closed to the public on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Sat this week. The next events are below, for more information call Brenda at the office 357-1104:
- Dec 20 Get your car clean for the holidays, Car Wash at Tractor Supply 8am until we are done. Any donation accepted for a car wash
- Note to restaurant owners, if you would like to do a “Dining for Dogs” event please call our office to set it up. You can pick the day, time, place, and donation amount. Thank you, Belinda Forlifer 863 357-1104. Thank you to everyone who is helping to support our Humane Society Pet Rescue right here in Okeechobee 1203 Hwy 98N.
- The Gathering hosts “Joy in the Mourning” a grief support group and bible study for anyone who has lost a loved one. The event is every Tuesday at 2pm at the Gathering located at 1735 SW 24th Ave. For more info call Gale @ 863-623-8504.
- Come to the Okeechobee Business Women’s Referral Network Friday, December 19, have a leisurely lunch, promote your business, exchange ideas and support like-minded women. We meet the third Friday each month at Cowboys, 202 NE 7th Ave., at 11:30. Bring information, promotional materials, testimonials and a Christmas gift for our four-legged friends at the K-9 Rescue Ranch. For further information call Raye at 467-2557.
- The Okeechobee Yatchette Club’s 31st Annual Christmas Boat Parade will be on Saturday, December 20th beginning at 6pm. Decorate our boat and meet us on the Taylor Creek by Burger King and HWY 70 bridge between 5-5:30pm. They go south on Taylor Creek and turn left to South VFW Post $10539. For more info on the event call Arnie @ 863-824-0681.
Sport Related Events
- Papa Johns is presenting their weekly fundraiser every Thursday when you order from Papa John’s they’ll donate 10% of your total order to the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band. Valid for carry out or delivery, you can also order online by using the PROMO CODE OCSD2014. Be sure to mention that you are a supporter of the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band when you are placing an order.
- Paddock Farms is “driving on” ! Learn how to drive your horse, racing, obstacles and more! Paddock Farms will be available every weekend after to teach you about how to drive your horse. Must be 18 years of age or older, all horses brought to the Paddock Farms must have a negative coggins test and you will be asked to sign a waiver. Not sure if your horse could race? You will have the option to have your horse evaluated. Don’t have a horse? No problem, they’ll provide them for you. No experience is necessary. No horse? No harness? No problem! Call Nancy at 863-634-1440 or 863-634-1438 for more information.
Agri-Civic Center Events
- On Thursday, December 18th they’ll have the AG center open for recreational riding for local residents from 6:30-9:30pm for $10 per rider and must have a current coggins certificate.
- On Friday, December 19th Turnin’ N Burnin’ Fall Buckle Series Jackpot Barrel Race, exhibition starts at 5pm, barrel race beginning at 7:30pm. A concession will be open, this is a free event.
- On Saturday, December 20th, Toys for Tots for distribution between 10am and 2pm. Preregistration is over as of November 30th, those who preregistered will have priority in the distribution.
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!