Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 4-15-15
Please help us build our supply by donating during the month of March at any of the following drives.
Sat., April 18 – Martha’s House – Celebrate Life – in the park, 10 – 3
Sun., April 19 – Golden Corral, 11 – 4
Thurs., April 23 – SFWMD field office on Hwy 70E, 1 – 5
Fri., April 24 – Seacoast Bank, South, 10 – 4
Sat., April 25 – Wal Mart, 11 – 4
Tues., April 28 – Raulerson Hospital, 1 – 6
- Habitat for Humanity is now open here in Okeechobee! They’re located at 1321 HWY 70E in the Old Apple Crate building. Open Monday through Friday 9-5. Accepting donations of any kind except clothes! Call for more information at 863-763-1371, volunteers are always needed!
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- A meeting of the “Stroke Support Group” will be held at the Heritage Assisted Living Facility on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm. This is a good chance to talk to others about their experience. Light refreshments will be available, for more information phone the Heritage at 863-763-1700 or 863-634-8412.
- If you have never been to a Chamber Business After hours please join us for the next one on April 21st being hosted by Staffords Salon (A Paul Mitchell Focus Salon) located at 313 SW Park Street. Please RSVP at www.okeechobeebusiness.com everyone is welcome. See you then
Sport Related Events
- Celebrate Earth Day witnessing the beauty and biodiversity in your own backyard. Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park, 54000 acres of unique Florida dry prairie in Okeechobee County, is reminiscent of the Florida’s past, as described in Patrick Smith’s book “A Land Remembered.” Join us for a Spring Prairie Wildflower Walk led by two of Florida’s leading wildflower experts: Roger Hammer & Craig Huegel.Cost is $24 for Friends of Kissimmee Prairie Preserve members and $34 for non-members. A $4 per vehicle entry fee is also required and must be paid at the gate when you enter the park. Each walk is limited to 20 participants, and many spots are already filled.Participants may also sign up for a free 45 minute buggy ride in the Prairie.Visit the Friends of Kissimmee Prairie Preserve website for more information and to register
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at email@example.com or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!