Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 10-24-14
- Habitat for Humanity is currently looking for someone to write grants for them. They are also looking for anyone who would like to donate furniture, household items, building supplies, etc. They have moved to the building 2 blocks west of W&W Lumber. For more information, stop by or call 863-634-1686.
- 4-H is starting back for the Klever K Nines. They’re looking forward to seeing lots of new and familiar faces this year. They have lot of new and exciting things coming up. If your child would like to join please contact Natalie Travers at 772 -919-5893. For those of you in the club last year the awards banquet is coming up fast, please get with me and the extension office to get your tickets.
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- A meeting of the “Stroke Support Group” will be held at the Heritage Assisted Living Facility on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm. This is a good chance to talk to others about their experience. Light refreshments will be available, for more information phone the Heritage at 863-763-1700 or 863-634-8412.
- The Okeechobee Adventist Christian School is having their annual Apple Fundraiser. If you love fresh-picked, direct from the orchard apples, then these Michigan apples are for you! Please call Linda @ 863-610-0165 for details.
- The Gathering hosts “Joy in the Mourning” a grief support group and bible study for anyone who has lost a loved one. The event is every Tuesday at 2pm at the Gathering located at 1735 SW 24th Ave. For more info call Gale @ 863-623-8504.
- The Northside Baptist Church is hosting their Fall Festival on Saturday October 25th 11am-3pm at Northside Baptist Church which is located 6.2 miles north of the intersection of SR 70 & 441 at 51 NW 98th St Fun activities, food and drink for the whole family, along with popcorn, cotton candy, games, bounce house & more! For more information call 763-3584.
- The First Indian Baptist Church of Brighton will be hosting a Fall Revival on October 22nd through October 26th beginning at 7pm with Evangelist Reverend Fred Lowe, special music nightly. The church is located at 20060 Reservation Rd (721). Everyone is welcome, for more info call 863-357-0013
- Buckhead Ridge VFW Post and Ladies Auxiliary will be hosting this Children’s Halloween Party on Saturday , October 25th from 2-4pm at their Post located at 29012 State Road 78 West. Costume prizes, Bobbing for Apples, Pumpkin decorating , Games, Food, Drinks and Treats. Bring your children out for this event. We support our local Community plus Veterans and Family. Any questions call the post at 467-2882
- October 28, 2014 Applebee’s will host our Halloween Business After Hours!We I’ll be having several contests this evening! Get creative and start working on a costume for the Costume Contest! Put your Chef hats on and bake your best tasting PUMPKIN DESERT to be judged at the event and finally pull out your Carving tools and paint, get CREATIVE and DECORATE your PUMPKIN and enter it in the BEST DECORATED PUMPKIN contest (bring pumpkins ready carved and decorated) Prizes will be awarded. We had a great time last year and hope you can join us! For any information on any of the Chamber of Commerce Events go to: www.okeechobeebusiness.com Business After Hours is one of our most popular networking events. These events bring together members of the business community in a fun filled atmosphere designed to encourage networking and interaction while enjoying delectable food and drink.
- Dine with the Doctor at Raulerson Hospital Cafeteria on Tuesday, October 28th Dinner: 4:30 p.m. ($5) Lecture: 5:00 p.m. (free) to RSVP call: 763-9228
- TRUNK OR TREAT will be on Halloween this year, October 31st from 5pm to 10pm! This is a community wide even to offer a safe alternative to door to door trick or treating. Churches from around Okeechobee have been invited to participate as well as other non-profit organizations. Vehicles will be backed into parking spaces on the south side of the parks with their trunks decorated as booths for candy. Some will even have games to play! Along with candy, booths in the parks will have musical performances, puppet shows, popcorn and snow cones as well as a hay maze. This event is free to the community.
Sport Related Events
- Papa Johns is presenting their weekly fundraiser every Thursday when you order from Papa John’s they’ll donate 10% of your total order to the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band. Valid for carry out or delivery, you can also order online by using the PROMO CODE OCSD2014. Be sure to mention that you are a supporter of the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band when you are placing an order.
- Paddock Farms is “driving on” ! Learn how to drive your horse, racing, obstacles and more! Paddock Farms will be available every weekend after to teach you about how to drive your horse. Must be 18 years of age or older, all horses brought to the Paddock Farms must have a negative coggins test and you will be asked to sign a waiver. Not sure if your horse could race? You will have the option to have your horse evaluated. Don’t have a horse? No problem, they’ll provide them for you. No experience is necessary. No horse? No harness? No problem! Call Nancy at 863-634-1440 or 863-634-1438 for more information.
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at email@example.com or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!