Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 8-18-14
Blood Drives for the month of August:
Tues., Aug. 26 – Raulerson Hospital Parking Lot, 1 – 6
- A meeting of the “Stroke Support Group” will be held at the Heritage Assisted Living Facility on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm. This is a good chance to talk to others about their experience. Light refreshments will be available, for more information phone the Heritage at 863-763-1700 or 863-634-8412.
- The Gathering hosts “Joy in the Mourning” a grief support group and bibile study for anyone who has lost a loved one. The event is every Tuesday at 2pm at the Gathering located at 1735 SW 24th Ave. For more info call Gale @ 863-623-8504.
Sport Related Events
- OCRA Fall Baseball/Softball sign ups will be held on Saturday 23rd at the Sports Complex. The cost is $50 dollars per child and they have to be between 5-14
(girls) & 5-13 (boys) by May 1st. Looking for sponsors and coaches as well. For more info call Mickey @ 863-634-0515 or 863-234-8024.
- OCRA will be hosting Football/Cheerleading sign ups on August 23rd at the Sports Complex from 10am to 3pm. Any child between ages 5-12 are welcome to sign up. The cost is $80 for football and $60 for cheerleading. Please bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Papa Johns is presenting their weekly fundraiser every Thursday when you order from Papa John’s they’ll donate 10% of your total order to the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band. Valid for carry out or delivery, you can also order online by using the PROMO CODE OCSD2014. Be sure to mention that you are a supporter of the Okeechobee High School Brahman Band when you are placing an order.
- Paddock Farms is “driving on” ! Learn how to drive your horse, racing, obstacles and more! Paddock Farms will be available every weekend after to teach you about how to drive your horse. Must be 18 years of age or older, all horses brought to the Paddock Farms must have a negative coggins test and you will be asked to sign a waiver. Not sure if your horse could race? You will have the option to have your horse evaluated. Don’t have a horse? No problem, they’ll provide them for you. No experience is necessary. No horse? No harness? No problem! Call Nancy at 863-634-1440 or 863-634-1438 for more information.
Agri-Civic Center Events
- Friday, August 22nd is Turnin’ N Burnin’ Summer Buckle series Jackpot Barrel Race, exhibition runs beginning at 5pm, barrel race at 7pm, concession will be open and there is no charge for the public to attend.
- Sunday, August 31st Kaza Productions presents the Mexican Rodeo with music and food from 1:00pm to 8:00pm.
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!