Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 4-26-16
The need for blood does not take a summer vacation. In fact, it is doubly necessary, as when people travel there aren’t as many donors to maintain an adequate supply. Please choose a location and give to save lives.
Sat., May 7 — Publix, 1:30 to 3:30
Sat., May 7 — MRC Appreciation Day, Scott Driver Park, 12 to 1
Sun., May 8 — Publix, 12 to 5
Mon., May 9 — Publix, 1:30 to 6:30
Thurs., May 12 — Walgreen’s, 1:30 to 6:30
Sun., May 15 — Golden Corral, 11 to 4
Thurs., May 19 — S.F. Water Management, Hwy 70E, 1 to 5
Sat., May 28 — Wal Mart, 11:30 to 5:30
Sun., May 29 — Wal Mart, 11:30 -to 5:30
Mon., May 30 — Memorial Day Gathering, Historic Courthouse, 9 to 1
Mon., May 30 — Wal Mart, 11 to 5
Tues., May 31 — Wal Mart, 11 to 5
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club has again opened their doors and we look forward to serving your favorite beverages while you spend a little time winding down the week. Invite your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Membership! Are you a Main Street member whom has not paid their dues for the 2015-2016 year? Are you not yet a Main Street member? It is easy to become a part of an organization that is dedicated to the Okeechobee community! Visit Main Street at 55 S Parrott Ave or at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org
- The National Day of Prayer observance, sponsored by the Okeechobee Ministerial Association (OMA), will be Thursday, May 5th at noon on the lawn between the historic courthouse and the judicial building. The observance was initially begun in 1952 by President Eisenhower. All aspects of life are prayed for by the OMA members and various community leaders. The faith-based kindergarten students will sing God Bless America and other music will be provided. Pizza will be provided by the Kiwanis. Come, pray for Okeechobee and bring a folding chair!
- The Migrant and Hispanic graduating seniors at Okeechobee High School will be receiving recognition May 16, 2016. This celebration is Okeechobee High School “Harvest of Hope Celebration.” Your generous contribution will help make our efforts a meaningful experience for these youngsters. This year we have a total of 31 migrant students graduating this year. You can drop off donations to Antoinette Rodriguez at Abney, Building & Consulting located at 210 NE 3rd Avenue or contact her by phone at 561-718-0536, she will be glad to pick up your donations.
Sport Related Events
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!