Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 10-21-16
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club invites your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Membership! Are you a Main Street member whom has not paid their dues for the 2015-2016 year? Are you not yet a Main Street member? It is easy to become a part of an organization that is dedicated to the Okeechobee community! Visit Main Street at 55 S Parrott Ave or at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org
- Okeechobee Church of the Nazarene will have their Fall Revival Saturday the 22nd at 7:00pm and Sunday the 23rd at 10:30am and 6:00pm. Join them for spiritual renewal and worship with guest speaker Rev. Douglas Kline. They’re also having their Fall Festival on Saturday November 5th from 3-6pm at 425 SW 28th Street. This is a free event and open to the public. They’ll have bounce houses, games, food and fun! Come out for a great time!
- Northside Baptist Church is hosting their 3rd Annual Fall Festival on Saturday, October 29th from 10am until 2pm. Northside is located at 51 NW 98th Street. Bring your family and friends of all ages to join us for a day of fun, games and fellowship. Feel free to call the office Mon-Thurs from 9-4pm at 863-763-3584.
- On Thursday, October 27, 2016, communities across the nation will join the NOPE Task Force in hosting the Tenth Annual NOPE Candle Light Vigil in memory of those lost to and those suffering from substance abuse. The NOPE Vigil strives to raise awareness and open the doors to recovery by eliminating the prejudice that has followed the disease of addiction; a disease that shows no prejudice to any walk of life or background. With the removal of shame comes the hope for survival. Acceptance of the disease can be humbling to the soul, and, in turn, empowering to those in need, to seek help. If you would like to participate in the Okeechobee NOPE Candlelight Vigil by submitting a photo of a family member or friend please submit the photo to the NOPE website, www.nopetaskforce.org or contact Connie Curry at 763-3117. The deadline for submitting photos is October 1, 2016. Please join us October 27, 2016 at the Okeechobee County Civic Center, 1750 Hwy 98 North, at 6:30 p.m. for the NOPE Candlelight Vigil.
Sport Related Events
Ride for the Fight presents Cross Fit – Forging Elite Fitness “Cross fitters Against Cancer” on Saturday October 22nd at Flager Park in Downtown Okeechobee. Featuring Firefighters Against Cancer Competition. Registration begins at 7:00am with the event starting at 8am. There is a $50-dollar entry fee and divisions include scaled, intermediate, and RX. This event is open to all ages and skill levels. They’ll have a poker run, bounce house and food and beverages provided by Zippy’s. For more info go onto their Facebook page, you can also call 863-634-2422 or 863-634-3971
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!