Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 8-23-16
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
When the blood bus says “Movie Tickets” now, they will be for our Brahman Theater so please get on the bus, save lives in Okeechobee and then enjoy a movie. August drives also include many offerings of a $10 Walmart card. Please help.
Thurs., 8/25 – Okeechobee High School 7:30 – 2:30
Sat., 8/27 – Walmart, Brahman Movie ticket, 11 – 5
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club has again opened their doors and we look forward to serving your favorite beverages while you spend a little time winding down the week. Invite your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Membership! Are you a Main Street member whom has not paid their dues for the 2015-2016 year? Are you not yet a Main Street member? It is easy to become a part of an organization that is dedicated to the Okeechobee community! Visit Main Street at 55 S Parrott Ave or at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org
- We’re taking a field trip to Seminole Casino Brighton (17735 Reservation Rd. Okeechobee, FL 34974) on Tuesday, August 23rd from 5:00 – 7:00 PM for our Chamber Business After Hours. This will be an excellent opportunity to network with area businesses while learning all about Seminole Casino Brighton! Chef Dean will be showcasing his culinary talents this evening as well as a guide tour through the casino for an exclusive look at all Brighton has to offer. This is a trip you won’t want to miss, so put the date down in the books! RSVP to email@example.com or call (863) 467-6246.
Sport Related Events
- The Concealed Weapon Permit class will be conducted on Thursday evening September 15, 2016 beginning at 7 PM at the Chamber. The class will last approximately two hours. Range qualification will take place on Saturday September 17, 2016. You will be instructed where to meet on Saturday during the Thursday evening class. You may use your own weapon or you may use the weapon we provide you during qualification. The costs of the class is $40.00 which must be paid in advance. You may sign up by clicking on register now. You may pay for the class online with a credit card or stop by the Chamber and pay for the class with a check or cash. Those people who sign up and do not pay in advance will not be guaranteed a seat in the class.
- Okeechobee Health Department is having an upcoming 5K event that we will be hosted in Okeechobee on Saturday, September 24th. The event will be held at the Taylor Creek Water Treatment Facility (which is actually a really beautiful creek and wildlife area) from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. This 5K is a walk or run event and is intended to raise awareness for maintaining a healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle. We will also be giving away free T-shirts, water bottles and visors (more gifts may be available in the future). For more info, contact the OHD.
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!