Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 2-6-17
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club invites your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Okeechobee Discount Drugs in partnership with Project Response offers free HIV testing every Monday from 11am-3pm. All tests are confidential and the results take 15mins. Know your status and stop by Okeechobee Discount Drugs located at 203 S.W. Park Street for your free test!
- Indian River State College is offering Applied Welding Technology (entire program) beginning in February; their nursing program will begin accepting applications on January 4th, classes begin in late June, register now online at irsc.edu or call 863-824-6000 for more info!
- Okeechobee Medical Reserve Corp. (MRC) is a community-based group of medical and non-medical volunteers. They are pre-trained, prepared and ready to respond to emergencies and supplement existing local emergency and public health resources during times of community need. Meeting is open to new volunteers. Meeting will be at the Department of Health Building, 1728 NW 9th Ave. Okeechobee, park in the rear of the building. Starts at 6pm and ends at 7:30 pm. For more information please call Brian Sell at 863-462-5865