True Country WOKC
News Cast for December 6th:
House fire risks increase around the holidays in Florida. Space heaters and Christmas lights and trees add to the fire risk to your home. Okeechobee city fire chief Herb Smith says they have made technological advances with heaters but it still can be dangerous. As for Christmas Lights he says it doesn’t pay to buy cheap ones and especially don’t buy cheap extension cords and daisy chain them together. He said live Christmas trees, once they get dry, are also a fire hazard.
A single vehicle crash sent an Okeechobee man to the hospital in the 26 hundred block of 70 west on Saturday afternoon. Fire Rescue says the man was flown to Lawnwood in Ft. Pierce. The pickup slammed into a tree. No further details were released.
Sports Cast for December 6th:
Okeechobee girls’ soccer with a mercy rule victory over Port St. lucie 8-0 last night. Ashley Snyder was among four players who had two goals. She said the team increased their effort in the second half
Coach Eric Swant said he is used to being on the other side of mercy rules. This year the team is 5-4 and showing improvement on offense
Alani Garcia, Ashton English and Janel Aponte all had two goals for the Lady Brahmans. Video footage on our Facebook page!
Girls basketball raced past Sebring last night 57-26.
Julia Smith led all scorers with 18 points. She said her shots were on.
Bri Baker had 11 points, Nisha Ferrol had 12 points and 17 rebounds.
Boys basketball lost at Westwood 67-61.
- OHS wrestling hosts Lake Placid 6 pm
- OHS girls basketball at DeSoto 6/7:30 pm
- Moore Haven girls soccer at Canterbury 5 pm
- Yearling at Osceola basketball 4:30 5;45 pm
Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 12-6-16
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club invites your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Join Okeechobee Main Street and Gourmet Truck Expo this Thursday, December 8th, 2016 from 5-9PM in Flagler Park 3 for Family Night Fun in the Park. This event will have a Snow Play area that will start at 6PM and we will be playing “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” starting at 6:30PM. There will be a DJ, Vendors, and LOTS of wonderful food. You don’t want to miss this!
Sport Related Events
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at email@example.com or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!