Here is the most recent information for COVID-19 vaccine availability in Okeechobee County. Please push out through your media avenues.
Our number one goal in Florida is to stop the spread of COVID-19 which is a global pandemic. We are using every resource available to us to administer the vaccine as soon as we receive it according to the directives of Governor Ron DeSantis.
PERSONS AGES 12-17: The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for persons age 12 and up. The Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccines are authorized for persons age 18 and up. All individuals under the age of 18 receiving a vaccine must be accompanied by a guardian and complete the COVID-19 vaccine screening and consent form.
Currently there are 9 locations providing COVID-19 vaccines in Okeechobee County.
- The Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County Go to myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866)201-1060 to make an appointment.
- CVS Pharmacy in Okeechobee is administering COVID-19 Vaccine. Register for an appointment at https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/covid-screener/covid-qns
- Publix Pharmacy in Okeechobee is administering COVID-19 Vaccine. Register for an appointment at https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
- Walmart Pharmacy in Okeechobee is administering COVID-19 Vaccine. Register for an appointment at https://www.walmart.com/covidvaccine
- Florida Community Health Center 1100 N. Parrott Ave in Okeechobee is administering both the Johnson & Johnson and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine by appointment only. Register for an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine by calling (863)763-7481.
- Heartland Discount Pharmacy in Okeechobee is administering the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine by appointment at https://form.jotform.com/210896351116151
- Walgreens Pharmacy in Okeechobee is administering the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine by appointment only. Register for an appointment at https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
- Florida Community Health Center 2015 US-HWY 441 Okeechobee offering COVID-19 vaccine by appointment and walk-in.
- Lakeshore Medical Center-FCHC 1100 N. Parrott Ave, Okeechobee is offering COVID-19 vaccine by appointment only-calling (863) 763-1951. https://www.fchcinc.org/
The Department of Health asks anyone planning to arrive for vaccinations, have consent forms printed and completed before coming to receive their vaccine. CONSENT FORMS can be found online at http://okeechobee.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/covid.html or may be picked up at the Okeechobee County Public Library.
Information is available on the website at this link http://okeechobee.floridahealth.gov/index.html .
For more vaccine information, please go to https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines, or call the Okeechobee-CHD at (863)462-5800, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. A daily message with updates to the vaccine distribution can be heard during business hours.