- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- ▢1 cup (2 sticks) high quality, unsalted butter cold softened
- ▢1/2 cup crushed nuts of choice
- ▢1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- ▢1 tablespoon torn dill sprigs
- ▢1 orange, zested
- ▢1 lemon, zested
- ▢1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- ▢1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ▢3 tablespoons honey, for drizzling
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Once oil is hot add sliced garlic and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir and flip garlic slices to fry on other side for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain onto paper towels.
- Spread cold softened butter onto a wooden board.
- Top with crushed nuts, herbs, citrus zest, pepper flakes (if using), a good drizzle of honey and a generous sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
- Serve with toasted bread and radishes.
Variations for Our Butter Board Recipe
- dollops of strawberry jam and sea salt flakes
- quartered figs, drizzle of balsamic glaze and fresh herbs
- dollops of harissa (or chili paste of choice), roasted garlic, sea salt flakes, fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of honey
- drizzle of chili crisp and thinly sliced green onions
- diced salami, dollops of whole grain mustard, chopped dried fruit (like apricots), crushed marcona almonds, and a drizzle of honey.
- pickled red onion, fresh tarragon, fresh parsley, thinly sliced chives, and sea salt flakes
What to Serve with a Butter Board
- crusty bread/crostini
- toasted english muffins or crumpets