Okeechobee, FL-The Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County will follow the directives sent down by Governor Ron Desantis. The demand for COVID-19 vaccine is far in excess of the supply the county has received so far. It is anticipated that additional supplies will be coming soon. The State is prioritizing:
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Persons under 65 deemed medically vulnerable* by a physician (form required)
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- Residents and staff of long-term care facilities
- Persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older
- K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older;
- * Vaccines for this group may only be administered by a physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or licensed pharmacist.
APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED. For first dose vaccine appointment, go to myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866)201-1060 to make an appointment in Okeechobee County. Please only request an appointment once. Multiple attempts will void the original request.
Any questions should be directed to the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County at 863-462-5800, Florida’s COVID-19 Call Center available 24/7 at +1 (866) 779-6121, or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.