True Country WOKC
Aaron Tippin Concert Ticket Song of the Day Contest on WOKC!
Listen to the WOKC Morning Show for giveaway of Brighton Seminole Casino Aaron Tippin-Collin Raye Concert Prize Packs.
Concert is Thursday, August 11th, 2016, doors open at 6pm, show starts at 7pm. Ticket value: $30 each.
PRIZING: Each of three winners will receive two Aaron Tippin Concert tickets and dinner for two at the Josiah Johns Restaurant.
- Contest will run Thursday through Wednesday, July 28th through August 3rd, 2016.
- Each weekday, Billy Dean will play the “Aaron Tippin Concert Ticket Song of the Day” during the WOKC morning show.
- When the “Aaron Tippin Concert Ticket Song of the Day” is played between 8:30am-11am, the first five callers will be registered for a chance to win one of the three Aaron Tippin Prize Packs, two concert tickets and dinner for two, $100+prize value for each winner!
- Random drawing on the WOKC morning show, for three winners out of all those who registered on Wednesday, 8-3-16 at 9:20am.
- No purchase necessary. Must be 21 to play contest/attend concert event.
Supply lists for the 2016-20176 school year —>> http://okee.k12.fl.us/2016-2017-supply-lists
News Cast for July 28th:
Several meetings going on today including The Okeechobee County Commissioners holding their regular meeting at the courthouse. They have been holding budget workshops the past five days but today is a regular session. An agenda plus a link to watch the meeting on live stream can be accessed on the BOCC website. The meeting is open to the public and begins at 9am.
Other meetings in the fold today are the Okeechobee School Board. They will meet tonight at six pm at the board office next to Freshman Campus. One of the items on the agenda is the public hearing for adoption of tentative millage rates and tentative budget for 2016 and 2017.
There will be a Glades County community public forum tonight in Buckhead Ridge at the Buckhead Ridge Community Association Building on state route 78 at the fire house. A few of the races in Glades County are for Supervisor of Elections, Sheriff, and School Superintendent. The forum begins at 6pm.
The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) will implement an improved process for crucial testing of diesel-powered engines and pumps at the S-2 and S-3 Pump Stations, located along the southern rim of Lake Okeechobee in Palm Beach County. Factoring in the health of the lake, SFWMD engineers developed an innovative method to service equipment essential for flood control, public health and safety. Unlike previous practices used for these purposes, water needed for testing will no longer be back pumped into Lake Okeechobee, but rather returned into the canals headed south.
“Performing regular maintenance checks throughout the year ensures these structures, and the entire system, operate as designed and are dependable when needed during emergencies to protect public health and safety,” said SFWMD Director of Operations, Engineering and Construction John Mitnik. “These new procedures eliminate back pumping at S-2 and S-3, even for maintenance purposes.”
This coordinated month-by-month effort will involve exercising ten pump engines. The average duration of the tests will be less than two hours. Tests will be implemented and adjusted based on current weather conditions, allowing for maximum flexibility to perform required maintenance consistent with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection regulatory permit
Paulette Wise was recently named the Executive Director of the Okeechobee Chamber of Commerce and at a recent meet and greet with local businesses, she stressed communication as a way to develop business (WISE)
Okeechobee’s Upcoming Events 7-28-16
- K9 Resque is in need of volunteers for both the rescue and the pet food pantry, and we are also are looking for good loving foster homes for our dogs, if interested please call 863-824-5373
- The Oasis Lounge at the Okeechobee Shrine Club has again opened their doors and we look forward to serving your favorite beverages while you spend a little time winding down the week. Invite your friends and neighbors to meet you for a quick get together or spend some time and enjoy catching up from a busy week. The Oasis Lounge offers an intimate and friendly setting to relax and unwind every Friday and Saturday evening from 5pm to 10pm. The Lounge is always open to the public except during times of private leases of the Club. For information contact Kip Gardner at (863)357-0427 or the Okeechobee Shrine Club at (863)763-3378
- Membership! Are you a Main Street member whom has not paid their dues for the 2015-2016 year? Are you not yet a Main Street member? It is easy to become a part of an organization that is dedicated to the Okeechobee community! Visit Main Street at 55 S Parrott Ave or at www.okeechobeemainstreet.org
- The next Main Street Mixer will be Thursday, August 11, 2016 at Silver Palms Resort located at 4143 Highway 441 S from 5-7pm. Mixers are a great time to network with others in our community, hear what is going on with Okeechobee Main Street, as well as other community organizations. Light refreshments are provided and you can enter into our 50/50 drawing that will take place at our December mixer. Monthly mixers are open to the public.
- Open House Scheduled for Monday, August 8, 2016. Open House for the start of the 2016-2017 school year will be held on Monday, August 8, 2016. In order to help parents who have children in more than one school within the district, times will be staggered:
➢ Elementary Schools will be open from 5 PM to 7 PM
➢ Middle Schools will be open from 6 PM to 8 PM
➢ Okeechobee Achievement Academy will be open from 6 PM to 8 PM
➢ Okeechobee High School and Okeechobee Freshman Campus will be open from 7 PM to 9 PM
Sport Related Events
Agri-Civic Center Events
If you’re a non-profit organization and have an upcoming event please send all of your information to 210 WN Park St. Suite 102, email it in at email@example.com or fax us at 1-888-875-1570. Thank you!